4th May, 2023
By “Personal Information” (in some countries referred to as “personal data” or “personally identifiable information”) we mean any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. This is broader than just information of a personal or private nature, and also includes information such as your name, date of birth, and e-mail address.
- How do we obtain your Personal Information
- For which purposes we may use your Personal Information
- To whom we may disclose your Personal Information
- How we protect your Personal Information
- Your choices regarding direct marketing
- How to access, correct or delete your Personal Information
- Transfers to other countries
- Retention of personal data or information
- Existence of automated decision-making
- Contact our Data Protection Officer (DPO)
- Name and Address of the data controller
- our websites
- our official social media pages
- our e-mails
- our online and offline campaigns
- your conversations or correspondence with our representatives.
Throughout this document, we will refer to our online activities as “Sites” and to our offline activities as “Services“.
Although in many cases we may ask for your explicit consent for processing your Personal Information for a specific purpose.
We only collect, use, disclose or otherwise process your Personal Information where it is fair and lawful to do so.
If you wish to exercise the right to withdraw the consent, you may at any time directly contact our Data Protection Officer (details included as part of this policy).
If you do not wish to provide your Personal Information to us, we may not be able to provide you with the products and services you have requested.
3. How do we obtain your Personal Information?
Personal Information obtained from you directly
Firstly, we may obtain your Personal Information from you directly, e.g. when you sign up for our newsletters, register on our Sites, buy a product from us, fill out a survey, make a comment or enquiry, post something on our social media pages, etc.
Personal Information collected this way may include:
- e-mail address
- user name
- telephone number
- date of birth
- product purchase and usage information
- household information
- user-generated content, posts and other content you submit to our Sites
- any other Personal Information you provide us with directly.
Sensitive information collected may include:
- health related medical information
- financial information such as bank account number or credit card details
- racial and ethnic information
Personal Information collected automatically
Personal Information collected this way may include:
- information about your (mobile) device or your type of browser
- information about the way you use our websites, such as details of the web pages you have viewed, the banners and the hyperlinks you have clicked, etc.
- whether you have opened e-mails sent by us to you
- the websites you have visited before arriving at one of our websites
- your IP address
- information you choose to share by using social media tools incorporated in our websites
- if you have consented to this, your precise location data
Personal Information obtained from other sources
Lastly, we may also collect Personal Information from other sources, such organizations that we work with who are authorized by you (or otherwise entitled) to share your data with us.
Personal Information collected this way may include income level, your interests such as hobbies and pets, consumer and market research data, purchase behavior, publicly observed data or activities such as blogs, videos, internet postings and user generated content.
As a processor of data, in certain cases, we are also bound to process your data based on the instructions of our data controller.
4. For which purposes we may use your Personal Information
We may use your Personal Information for our business purposes such as
- handling and managing your purchase, for instance to communicate to you with respect to your purchase, to process your payments, to deliver the purchased products and services, and to offer you the necessary customer service;
- allowing you to participate in promotions, contests, surveys and polls;
- allowing you to share information and ideas on our social media pages, forums, blogs and other communication channels, to participate in social sharing and to send messages to a friend through our Sites or the websites of our trusted business partners;
- better understanding your needs in order to provide you with more relevant information, analyzing and evaluating our corporate activities, developing new products and improving our existing products and services, conducting market research and audits, identifying user trends and examining the degree of effectiveness of our marketing campaigns and degree of satisfaction of our customers;
- with appropriate permission telling you about our products and services, and sending you promotional materials (such as announcements relating to new products, promotions, savings programs, joint promotions and other programs) relating to our brands and those of our carefully selected trusted business partners;
- managing our Sites, and tune the experience and content of our Sites to your previous activities on our Sites, in view of personalizing your experience when visiting our Sites;
- responding to your requests or enquiries;
We do not sell your Personal Information.
We may create anonymous data records from Personal Information by excluding information (such as your name) that make the data personally identifiable to you. We use this anonymous data to analyse our products and services. We reserve the right to use such anonymous data for any purpose and disclose anonymous data to third parties, including but not limited to our research partners, in our sole discretion.
5. To whom we may disclose your Personal Information
Third party service providers
We may use third party service providers to provide services to achieve our business purpose, including marketing agencies, market research companies, e-commerce fulfilment partners, software providers and merchants of PMaps HR Consultants Pvt. Ltd products. These third party service providers are required not to use your Personal Information other than to provide the services requested by us.
We may disclose your Personal Information if we believe in good faith that such disclosure is necessary:
- in connection with any legal investigation;
- to comply with relevant laws or to respond to court orders, subpoenas or warrants served on us;
- to protect or defend our rights;
6. How we protect your Personal Information
We value the trust you place in us.
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your Personal Information against accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure or access and against all other unlawful forms of processing.
When collecting or transferring sensitive information we use a variety of additional security technologies and procedures to help protect your Personal Information.
7. Your choices regarding direct marketing
We may periodically send you free newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to our products and services which we believe are useful for you,
If you do not wish to receive such communications anymore, you will always have the opportunity to “opt out” by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in each of our direct marketing e-mails or by contacting us directly (please see contact information below).
Despite your indicated e-mail preferences, we may send you notices of any updates or other necessary service messages to our Data Protection Officer.
8. How to exercise your rights on your Personal Information
We strive to keep your Personal Information accurate and up-to-date.
We provide you with reasonable access to your Personal Information and the possibility to review this, and request correction and deletion where appropriate.
In order to protect your privacy, we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access to your Personal Information.
The Personal Information we hold about you can be consulted and modified by following the instructions on the Site concerned or by contacting our Data Protection Officer (DPO). We will respond to your access request within a reasonable period of time, and in accordance with any terms specified by applicable law.
We do not sell any personal information to external parties.
9. You have the right to not be discriminated against having exercised your rights. You also have the right to contact a supervisory body. Children
We request that children below the age of 18 do not provide Personal Information through our Sites.
If you are the parent or legal guardian of a child under 18 who has registered on one of our Sites, or who you believe has otherwise provided Personal Information to us, please contact DPO to have the information deleted. Minors must obtain express consent from parents or legal guardians prior to accessing or providing any Personal Data.
10. Transfers to other countries
Your Personal Information may be transferred to and processed in other countries where laws governing the processing of Personal Information may be less stringent than the laws in your country.
We have implemented strict procedures and controls in order to ensure that your Personal Information is protected adequately regardless of the country where it is stored or otherwise processed.
By using our Sites and Services, you consent to your Personal Information being transferred and processed this way.
11. Retention of personal data or information
We will retain your personal data or information for as long as your account is active. We will retain and use your personal data or information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
12. Existence of automated decision-making
We do use automatic decision-making based on pre-set parameters for our test platform however this does not involve profiling.
14. Contact our Data Protection Officer (DPO)
You can reach out to us at any time at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also contact our data protection officer at:
Data Protection Officer
PMaps HR Consultants Pvt. Ltd.
201, Monica Building,
Thane, Maharashtra (India)
15. Name and Address of the data controller / processor (if applicable)
PMaps HR Consultants Pvt. Ltd